Bought to you by Explore Specialist Advice NZ and Wellcare Training. This free pilot workshop will focus on providing foundation skills for support workers who support people with challenging behaviours and is suitable for all support workers whatever their level of experience. Registrations closed
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This pilot workshop will cover:
- Common behaviour that presents challenges
- Factors that contribute to challenging behaviour
- Links between behaviour and communication difficulties, negative life events, quality of life
- The importance of working collaboratively within a team to consistently implement and review support strategies that support clients to experience a better quality of life, less challenging behaviour, keeping people safe when behaviour occurs
- Turning theory into practice
- Objectively recording relevant information about client behaviour and its causes
The workshop will be facilitated by Rowan Rendle, an experienced Adult Educator with a background in the disability sector.