NZDSN and the NZDSN Employment Advisory Committee are pleased to welcome you to the Tainui Hamilton Hotel for a National Employment Symposium.
2-days - Tainui Novotel Hamilton
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Access to secure employment is a high priority for disabled people, not just because of the increased financial security it can bring, but because of the difference it can make to people’s health and well-being. Work really matters and is essential to a good life. The employment participation rate for disabled people is half that of the general population. Disabled people are missing out and the labour market is missing out on the contribution that disabled people can make.
This symposium will explore the bigger picture issues involving labour market trends, the economics of employment as well as legislative and regulatory matters related to access for disabled people. We will also be looking at the more detailed picture of employment support policies and practices that make a difference at the individual level. We have a diverse range of national and international speakers to challenge our thinking and our practices.
We will have employers presented along with well-known figures from within the disability employment sector in New Zealand. With that, we are delighted to have secured the speaking services of a number of notable sector figures. Listed below are a few of these speakers:
- the internationally renowned Michael Callahan, President, Marc Gold & Associates
- distinguished New Zealand economist and author, Shamubeel Eaqub
- Sue Plowman, Auckland Disability Law.
- Todd Krieble, NZER
- Grant Cleland, Workbridge
- Helen Lockett, The Wise Group
We will also be looking to launch the Employment Support Best Practice Guidelines at this event.
For the full programme, https://www.nzdsn.org.nz/nzdsn-national-employment-symposium-updated-programme/
There will be an exhibition centre at the Conference and we ask any interested exhibitors to make contact with our Event Manager, Libby Carson. Libby can be contacted at email@example.com or 027 2693939
Here are the things you need to know about the event:
- Spaces are limited to this event and registrations are now OPEN.
- There are no “one day only” delegate options available
- Dinner is an optional extra, we strongly encourage you to participate in this meal as it will provide you a further opportunity to network with your sector colleagues
- Rooms will be booked on your behalf and paid by you (to NZDSN) in advance, as part of your symposium fee. This cost is for room only, any incidental charges, including meals, beverages, mini-bar, etc. will be at your cost. You do not have to stay “in-house” you can choose alternative accommodation if you wish. When you book your rooms on-line, please stipulate how many nights you require accommodation for. We will contact you directly for further information regarding your room booking. Rooms can either be twin-share (two individuals sharing a room and paying one fee) or a King/Queen configuration (for one person or a couple sharing a room).
Pricing is as follows:
$287 per person
$65 per head
Accommodation – IBIS Hotel
FULL NO AVAILABILITY
Accommodation – Novotel Hotel
$161 twin share or King/Queen
Exhibition Stand (includes 2 people)
Please note all prices quoted exclude GST.