Kia Noho Rangatira Ai Tātou is a unique education programme that puts the human rights of disabled people and the UNCRPD into a New Zealand cultural context.
2-days - Albany, Auckland
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Delivered over two days, the programme has an applied focus which will help disability support providers to ensure that disabled people’s human rights are upheld in everyday practice.
Attendance at both days is required.
The comprehensive content includes:
- Section 1 Human rights
- Section 2 The Treaty of Waitangi, tūrangawaewae and citizenship
- Section 3 The human rights system
- Section 4 Disability, the social model and human rights framework
- Section 5 The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Section 6 The eight General Principles
- Section 7 The Articles
- Section 8 Applying the Disability Convention