A workshop that gives providers in the supported employment area an opportunity to reflect on their service and how they might improve the quality of service delivery for people with a learning disability or mental illness
One day Event
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Presenters from People First New Zealand, Nga Tangata Tuatahi and Depression Support Network, Tu-o -pae ki Te Aro Marama will facilitate the workshop and will share evidence gathered from people who have interacted with supported employment providers , on what works.
The workshop will cover:
- what relationships that are respectful, person centred and person driven look like
- approaches that work to assist people to think about and develop employment goals and aspirations
- approaches that people find helpful and respectful
- unhelpful approaches and ways of working that create barriers
- frustrations that people experience in their interactions with employment support providers
- working effectively with other agencies
- what other external factors may be present in a person's life that may be barriers to employment.