Internally monitoring what you do and how well you do it is a powerful way to control quality and patient/client outcomes. Internal audits need to be dynamic – changing and refocusing to test your systems and practices. Internal audit can be an extremely valuable tool for quality – to give you assurance that work is occurring to the level and in the way you want and it is also a way to remind and educate staff about your internal needs and expectations.
1 day events
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Join us to learn about how to implement effective internal audits. This training is designed to help your quality team, managers, internal auditors, nurses, doctors, caregivers and others who could be involved in the planning, implementation and the evaluation of internal audit.
You will learn:
- How internal audit influences the quality of an organisation
- How to set up an internal audit
- How to develop an internal audit tool with a focus on critical control points and patient outcomes
- Techniques of internal audit:
- Planning and preparing
- Using your policies and procedures to guide the audit
- The value of document review to start the process
- Tracer methodology to focus on patient outcomes
- Techniques for audit:
- Reviewing documentation
- Using effective questions
- Using what the internal audit tells you to improve (not sweating the small stuff)
- Developing a system for efficient and effective reporting and follow up
Facilitator: Janice McEwan will lead this day. Janice is an internationally registered Lead auditor, with 25 years’ experience and expertise in all sectors of healthcare. Janice has audited nationally and internationally. Janice also runs health auditor training as required for auditors who work as health auditors for certification in New Zealand.
Janice will be assisted by a lead auditor from the DAA Group team.
Dates and Locations
|Monday, 23rd April 2018||Tuesday, 24th April 2018||Friday, 27th April 2018|
|James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor||Scenic Hotel Southern Cross||Novotel Hotel Auckland Airport|
DAA Group Clients Early Bird Price $260.00 (including GST) (early bird until 16 March, then $290.00)
Non-Clients Early Bird Price $320.00 (including GST) (early bird until 16 March, then $350.00)
The seminars are open for registration at 8:30am, with the welcome and introductions starting at 9:00am. The seminars will finish at approximately 3:45pm.
Registrations for the April 2018 seminars are now open.
If you are having issues with registration please email email@example.com or call 04 498 9913