Facilitating Inclusion and Building Community – Person by Person
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
A facilitated approach to building inclusive community is at the centre of Enabling Good Lives. This workshop series will assist participants to engage with approaches and practices that move us from a focus on “services” to mainstream community and that support personalised participation in everyday things in everyday places
These two day workshops will be presented by the team at Interactionz and will introduce a Community Mentoring Framework. The workshop will focus on three key areas:
Self-Awareness: reflective and reflexive skills – aligning values, beliefs and behaviour
Self Determination: shifting authority to the individual, enabling and supporting self- direction
Community Strengthening: discovering strengths and developing contribution; building community
- Workshops will be offered in Auckland, Rotorua, Palmerston North, Christchurch and Dunedin and will run from 9.30am- 3.30pm
- Funding support from MSD is enabling us to offer these workshops at a subsidised rate of $225 + GST per person..
- Workshops are limited to 30 participants so be in quick!
- These workshops are returning as two day events based on feedback from last year's very popular series
- Content will include a focus on people with very high support needs
Workshop Dates and Venues:
Palmerston North: 22nd & 23rd October
Dunedin: 4th & 5th November
Christchurch: 7th & 8th November
Rotorua: 11th & 12th November
Auckland: 18th & 19th November
|Micro Enterprises - From Theory to Action||Register interest|
|Leadership Exchange Programme||Register interest|
|Regional Network Meeting - Paraparaumu (14 August)||Register interest|
|Community Participation Workshop - Hamilton||Register interest|