The new National-led coalition has announced its Cabinet and portfolio line-up. Hon Penny Simmonds has been appointed Minister of Disability Issues. Unfortunately, this appointment is outside Cabinet – not a good endorsement for the disability sector. Read the following media statement from our CEO and the interview on Morning Report.
- NZDSN Opinion: Will our new Government take the chance to fix Accessibility Bill? – 11th December 2023
- NZDSN Opinion: As government repeals Fair Pay Agreements, the pressure is on Pay Equity claims – 6th December 2023
- Media NZDSN Statement: Disabled New Zealanders invisible in Government 100 day plan – 30th November 2023
- Labour and the Greens announce their shadow line-ups – 30th November 2023
- Peter Reynolds Interview at Radio NZ – Appointment of Minister of Disability Issues Penny Simmonds outside Cabinet – (28th November 2023)
- Media Statement Following Announcement of the New Disability Minister – 27th November 2023